My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Journey through the adventure of life

It feels like it's been forever since I have last written.  And I have truly needed to write just haven't found the time.  I know...make the time! So here I am making the time.  So many thoughts to gather and hone.  So many feelings to sort.  So many achievements to celebrate.

Achievements First:
*In January, I signed up for Super Charged and Slim in 7 days. A healthy (mind and body) program coached by MomsCoachForLife.  This program introduced me to recipes made with some foods I have never heard of and some I would never touch.  Or so I thought.  Mushrooms, dandelion greens, chard and kale. Enough said.  I loved all the recipes minus the beets.  And some I still incorporate into my daily life.  The program also gave me an outline of what healthy mindful things can be done to make us less stressed during my day.  Cleansing my impurities with an Epsom salt bath in the AM and sometimes PM.  15 minutes of heaven.  And in my new jacuzzi; it's wonderful.  Also, a morning thought or motivation tried to keep me on track.  Not so much.  Ohh and the coffee withdrawal...OMG.  But I haven't drank coffee with milk since then.  And I have it maybe every other day.  All in all, the program was worthwhile and I recommend that you take a peak at her other programs.  Super Charged- sure!  Super Slim-not so much.  But that's okay.
*In February, I applied for a Fellowship.  I didn't get it but I needed to find some kind of achievement in the situation.  I dug deep on this one.  After much thought, it was an accomplishment that I was able to decrease my resume from 3 pages to 1 page.  Sound bitter?  Well it was a feat!  And next year, I will work smarter in order to get the fellowship!
*I went through the month of February without celebrating my birthday every day! But the celebrations that I had were amazing.  Very thoughtful and always good food and drinks abound!
*In March-I started amping up my workouts.  And I'm loving my back and shoulders, and arms as a result.  Waking up at 5am, after sleeping in a bed with the ever cuddling Dan, is one hard task.  But I do it and I am super glad that I do it! Thanks to my workout partners and trainers it makes it all fun!  And I get Dan to come with me to my night workouts and he loves it too! 
*So it's still March...even though it seems like May.  I love this weather. I will be picking up my running and working on my core.  Can you believe my trainer today, said wow, looks at those guns?  And he doubted my ability and endurance.  I'm super proud of the curves!!! 

I think I will save my thoughts and feelings for later.  But I leave you with this:

"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."Friedrich Nietzsche

Tell me your thoughts!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment