My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yo, I don't know!

According to my mom and my sister Michele, I am a strong contender in the race to say as many "I don't knows" in a lifetime. It's my answer to many questions when:
I truly and currently don't know
I don't want to know
I don't care to know
I know but I just don't want to say I know

What are the consequences of saying this phrase?  I always thought it was a good thing to say I don't know if you really didn't know at that time.  Why jump to a conclusion?  What does it even matter? (another frequent offender) Well, when it's actually the final time you need to answer it, you most certainly know.

What does it even matter...

Well, according to Madonna: Nothing really matters; Love is all we need
Really Madonna, love is all we need? Well that's fucked messed up because love is not all we need.  We need deserve so much more.  Giving love, getting love, where does that really bring us? To Mars?

In an interview with Vanity Fair in August 2000, Heath Ledger stated: When anything is blocking my head or there's worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don't see the fear. You don't see the pain. You don't see thought. It's just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn't.

True Heath, nothing really does matter!

Chuck Klosterman said it well in his book Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto:
“In and of itself, nothing really matters. What matters is that nothing is ever in and of itself.”

And according to Queen: Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters.
Thus, I carry on to the same place I would be if I did know and something nothing did matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment