My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

And this too shall pass...

Last year on this day, last January 3rd, I ended my blog post with:
"But one last reflection question I must tackle: Do I believe in anything I do or say?
So my mantra this year is New Year New Thoughts.
I have chosen to create new intentions for the year and believe in them.
More Clarity and less Reality.

“Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one.”  Albert Einstein"


After reading back my blog posts, twitter posts, and thinking about conversations I think I had with people (yeah I tend to forget a lot), I come to the resolution that I do believe in things I say or do.  I had to have believed in them at that moment in order for me to say or do them, right?  The intentions in which I had created in 2012 were brought to the surface, yes, but were they brought to the sky?  No, but I will work on that further in 2013. 
Clarity came with the sea waters of Hurricane Superstorm Sandy. The reality in which I thought I lived was an illusion.  Something that really wanted to push forward or backwards much of the time.  It was one that pushed me to limits; Pushed me to dive; Pushed me to soar. 
And out pushed 2012 and in has come 2013.
And my new Mantra is My Best Will be Good Enough.

I am a quote whore!  That's my literary side...feeling it? So these are some quotes that caught my eye to help me through this process:

 
Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best. ~ Author Unknown

My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you I the best place for the next moment.~ Oprah Winfrey


Don’t waste your time striving for perfection; instead, strive for excellence — doing your best. ~ Sir Lawrence Olivier


With that said, I have a lot to look forward to in 2013.  A better, best me.  Only the best, my best for my little one. I ask you to help me in this endeavor as you are all amazing individuals doing your best! 
And with setting a mantra, goals need to be aligned ...to be announced shortly.
Happy New Year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment