My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Decisions, Destiny and Daniel

"You are now at a crossroads. This is your opportunity...Forget your past. Who are you now? Who have you decided you really are now? Don't think about who you have been...Who have you decided to become? Make this decision consciously. Make it carefully. Make it powerfully."
~Anthony Robbins

We are all faced with decisions. It's a fact of life. It's what makes your life, your life. I believe that the doors we open each day decide the lives we live. Hence I live with an open door policy.
Decisions can be as easy as blue or black ink? Or as hard as do I want to make this change? Some people face decision making with ease, and others not so much. 
I take decision making very serious. I think about everything in detail in order to see the potential outcomes and their pros and cons. I tend to over think yes. But when there is a lot on the line, I have to.  I feel better about it.  Whether the decision is right or wrong, I make every conscious effort in making the right decision for me. At this point in my life, sometimes I wonder where I've been and who I am.  Thank you Irene Cara.

When I was competing in the Miss America local based pageants, and during job interviews, I usually got the question "where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years?"  My answers varied but they included: a former Miss America giving back to her community or a well rounded and influential employee working at Company ABC.  And the decisions I made at that time, I thought, would influence my chances in becoming all of those things. In reality, I competed in pageants each year and gave it my all being me; and educated myself and tried to build some smart working practices.
So after looking back in the past, I never achieved the Miss America crown and I didn't always get the job.  But it was the decisions that I made based on my analysis of who I wanted to be and how I would get there.  Those decisions were the hinges of my destiny. It was my decision to want and pursue.

Now let's look into my present and future. I figured out that my decision making is to make decisions not only for me, but also for my son.  His education, his friends, and his talents.  And all of the decisions that I make for myself will indirectly affect the life of my son. Who I associate with, how I deal with adversity, and how I present myself.

So now I ask where do I see myself in 5 or 10 years?  Still wanting and pursuing. Still making choices. Still singing-Always proving who we are; Always reachin' for the risin' star; To guide me far; And shine me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment