My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Grandmother lived untill she was 93

I lived with my grandmother until the day she died. She served as a second mother and comedic relief!
She was my pain in the ass that I loved to be around.  Every morning she would greet me with food and a hello.  And every evening she would bid adieu by asking me to fix something in her apartment. She was and always will be my "Arthur" from King of Queens. 

Three years have passed but I still feel her presence in the house that she lived and died in. Her clothes and sheets, her soap and shampoo, her pictures, are all still present in my home.  As she is.  In Daniel, my old soul, she lives.

Vittoria V. Petrillo Sunrise 1/14/15 Sunset 5/30/08 "God saw you were tired... With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away... God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best." Grandma, These were some of the words from your mass card and we chose these because we believe that's exactly what happened. We all remember that sudden horrible day, the look in your eyes and the last words that you whispered as you passed away how you wanted to. We also remember every other day we shared with you. For me, it was my entire life living with you. Every morning, I was greeted with a snack and a wave goodbye from your window. For many of us, it was your lemonade on a hot day or a hot chocolate on a cold evening. For some of us, it was the long phone calls or shopping adventures with you. For all of us, it is your truthfulness, stamina, and your beauty that carries us on. And unfortunately, for our little ones who didn't get enough time with you, we will make sure that your legacy is carried on. We miss you, We love you and We hurt without you. Until we meet again. Love Always, Heather, Margaret, Michele, Allison, Megan, Daniel, Vicky, Joe and Ronnie Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay, Your Children, Grandchildren, Great-grandchildren and entire extended family

No comments:

Post a Comment