My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A little dity about Sandy, my Danny and me

Sandy can't you see I'm in misery...
A line from the Sandy song in Grease...branded my favorite movie (tied with Beaches) yet my least favorite song in the movie.  And now even more so do I hate it.

Hurricane Sandy, Sandy, why-yi-yi-yi-yi
Oh Sandy

We have lost, but others have lost too
We are safe and alive
We hit roadblocks every step of the way

Friends, family, and strangers
Some give time
Some give muscle
Some give money
Some give clothes
Some give toys
All give us support,
A shoulder to cry on,
An ear to vent

This road is not an easy one,
it is a broken one

Hurricane Sandy, Sandy, why-yi-yi-yi-yi
Oh Sandy

This road is being walked by a woman and her son
Who have been torn to pieces

A woman who has torn down the walls to their home
Her son who has been displaced from home and school
A woman who is working to rebuild
Not only the structure of their home but her family too

A woman and her son will make major changes, major improvements
They will walk the Staten Island roads
To strength lane
To thanks avenue
To hope court
To love way

Sandy my darling you hurt me real bad
But safe and alive forever and ever we will be







1 comment: