My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life is a highway...

I now spend an hour each way each day on the Staten Island Expressway to take lil man to school and me to work.  Pre-Sandy-it was a one minute drive to school and a 15 minute drive to work. 
I now spend mornings eating breakfast with my niece or eating buffet style at a hotel.  Pre-Sandy I ate on the run and I made Dan breakfast.
I now spend my lunch hours doing research on furnaces, hot water heaters, electricity, insurance, FEMA, and any and all hurricane Sandy resources.  Pre-Sandy I used to go to  the mall.

I could go on...
But...
My life is more than Pre and Post Sandy; However Sandy has helped me to confirm all that I know. 

My life is my Daniel and me. 
My life is those who support me for being me.
My life is riding roads that require a lot of energy and will.
My life is mine to own, embrace, enjoy, overcome.

My life was ...it just was...I can cry, complain, confirm.  I can defend, delete, deny.
 I can love, learn, live.  YES!  I chose the L words!!!

There's a world outside every darkened door
Where Blues won't haunt you anymore
For the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore...


No comments:

Post a Comment