My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://heathersmean.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Deadlines, Games, and Escapes

I have a lot to say this blog entry.  Like I always don't have a lot to say????

So let's talk deadlines-I feel like Jerry Seinfeld with this joke-who invented deadlines and why do they exist yet NOBODY follows them???  I always thought a deadline was when the line for opportunity went dead...no extension...no back door-DEAD.  According to wiki.answers.com, the idea dead line was originated in 1864-"It began as a real line, drawn in the dirt..., restricting prisoners in Civil War camps. They were warned, "If you cross this line, you're dead." Well then if that doesn't scare you! I mean really people.  Deadlines are there for a specific reason...not to scare you, but to set limits so you get things done properly without rushing and feel confident about your decision making, your writing, your life!

 Most people have a very different outlook on this. I always complete things before a deadline, no not perfection, just accountability. 

Okay, so life is like a game of...
chess?  Every move you makes brings advantages or disadvantages...
solitaire? You can win or lose.  Sometimes winning is backed by strategy and sometimes by luck.
Bop It? The instrument gives you a command, you perform it, as they get quicker and quicker-eventually you perform the wrong action.  Many of us have many things going on in our lives that our goal is faltered performing the wrong action at the wrong time.

Anywho...Life really isn't a game.  But makes you think eh?  Really with games, I wanted to say how fortunate I have been to social media this year.  I have won free spin classes at Revolve; won 2 headbands by Sparkly Soul and Team Run Disney on Twitter; and won free all day ride passes at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City by Visit AC.  And as I toy with what I do and do not put on Social Media, I thank all these people for their give aways and spreading some nice social interaction!

And lastly, some Escapes.  Well, 2013 has been a year of events so far; Some good and some bad.  But I have invested in my own Escape (s)  this month: one that was terribly needed;  one that I put off for some years; one that was needed even more and put off for longer; and one that I didn't even know existed but found it...and with that.  Happy Spring and a toast to all the Escapes we all need at some point in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment